I think I finally got to sleep at about 4am last night, so emerging outside today was sort of like :
In the mood of such a grumpy day, here’s a bit of a grumpy post:
It’s Easter soon, which means it’s almost the Easter holidays, which means it’s almost time to go home. Don’t get me wrong, there are good things about home and I love spending the holiday with Kieran & my friends; I just really, really, really don’t want to go back to mum. I know I’ve already done posts about her so I won’t ramble on too much, it’s just that the prospect of going into my house is kind of like entering into the depths of the underworld & living with mum can make anyone feel a bit:
However. I want to stop this whole indulging in a feeling-sorry-for-myself pity spiral, so, for everything that makes me feel a bit:
I’m thinking about one thing I’m thankful for, because there’s a lot to be happy about! Allow me to apologise in advance for the cheesiness.
- Kieran, who is just the best person ever and helps me out ALL THE TIME/cheers me up/stops me taking things too seriously by popping up with faces like this:
2) I have to go home, but I also get to go home to a place that looks like this:
which is pretty great.
3) I have to go back to mum, but I also get to go back to this adorable dollop of grumpiness:
who also cheers me up, even if he is a little duvet-hogger. (I realise how corny this is- sorry not sorry, it’s probably only going to get cheesier).
4) Books. Books are pure escapism, especially ones like:
(And my favourite, ‘Little Women’).
And, if you’re interested, here are the top 5 stop-being-pathetic-and-pull-yourself-together songs (that have definitely not come from an old angsty-teen playlist):
- Uprising, Muse
- Song 2, Blur
- Psycho, Muse
- In The Heat Of The Moment, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
- Bring It On Down, Oasis
I promise that this is the last feeling-sorry-for-myself post for a while! Good night everyone!