Because I actually managed to convince myself to go to the library today to work on my essay, of which I have managed to write all of…138 words (out of 3,000), I’ve decided to reward myself for this huge accomplishment & take a break. So if anyone’s interested, this is my list of Things That You Should Take To The Library (according to me, someone who has clearly accomplished a lot there):
- Takeaway tea-mug-thing- this is essential, because tea. Always tea. Plus, how else would people know how studiously studenty you are?
2) Your laptop:
(Behold the cracked case from where it was dropped by
me someone- I don’t think there’s ever before been a sound like the wail-screech I unleashed when I saw it fall)
3) Your iPod:
Because music. And the pretty case. And also because I don’t trust Mac computers for music- it’s played unexpectedly out of the speakers too many times before.
4) Hand cream, because although it makes me sound like an old woman, it gets freezing in the library and you’ll need some of it eventually:
5) Work books, so you can tell yourself you’ll get something done while you’re in there:
6) Actual book book, for when you get bored of pretending to do work in the library. Plus this is actually a set book for your course, so bonus points to you:
7) A fancy-looking pen, because how else would people know you’re an English student?
8) All your other regular pens, for the inevitable moment when your fancy pen runs out of ink/dies/fails to do anything it should do:
9) A fancy-looking notebook that you bought to write fancy-looking neat & tidy notes from your lectures/seminars in, before realising you can’t actually use it for any lectures/seminars if you want to keep it pretty, because your lecturers talk at the speed of light and all your notes come out looking like a 5yr olds handwriting:
10) Your fancy highlighters that you had to buy because you never take notes without them, and which have been sitting gathering dust on the table:
11) A (kinda boring) planner, because all the pretty ones were too expensive:
12) Your phone, for when you’ve done about 5 minutes worth of work and need to reward yourself with Candy Crush, and its case which is also kind of old-ladyish but which, let’s face it, you need, because look what happened to your laptop:
13) Your handy bag to ferry all this handy stuff in:
Which also has room for any library snacks/fuel you may need.
14) Lastly, (and this one’s just me); I always take my Kieran to the library, because he’s awesome:
Have a great day!